Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Roles and Responsibilities
WI-HER LLC is currently seeking candidates for a variety of international projects spanning the development sectors of health, education, and the rule of law.
The Gender Integration Technical Advisor will be responsible for supporting the Project Director in ensuring gender concerns are integrated throughout project design and implementation of the project. Principal tasks and responsibilities will include, at a minimum, the following:
- Provide technical support and mentor/support country staff and local stakeholders to integrate gender into their work
- Develop gender integration trainings, presentations, tools and job aids to assist country teams with program implementation
- Conduct trainings, program oversight, and assessments in the field, where appropriate
- Serve as primary point of contact (POC) for gender
- Assist team in developing gender-sensitive indicators and analyze gender-related findings and outcomes of project activities regularly, and provide feedback and updates to WI-HER LLC, including identification and mitigation of factors which may hinder program from reaching desired outcomes
- Develop reports and case studies on gender integration to be shared on website and/or published as technical reports, briefs, or flyers
- Assist in writing and editing annual deliverables (e.g., work plans, annual reports) based on inputs from HQ
- Represent WI-HER at meetings, forums, and public presentations, as appropriate
The Gender Integration Technical Advisor reports to the President of WI-HER LLC. The location of the position will vary depending on the project and may require travel.
- Master’s degree in international public health, international development, or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience implementing and/or managing gender integration activities
- Sound experience in program design, implementation, and monitoring
- Proficient in English, strong spoken and written communication skills to prepare reports, promotional materials, and oral presentations. Other languages preferred
- Experience in advising, training, and mentoring of gender integration efforts
- Capacity to collaborate with partners at multiple levels, including senior government officials, donors, NGOs (local and international), representatives of civil society, and other partners
- Prior experience working on USAID programs preferred
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to work collegially within a high-performing team
- Host country nationals encouraged to apply
Position may be contingent on contract award.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your name and “Gender Integration Technical Advisor Application” in the subject line.