Location: Washington, DC
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
WI-HER, LLC (Women Influencing Health, Education, and Rule of Law) is an international consulting firm that identifies and implements creative solutions to complex health and social challenges to achieve better, healthier lives for women, men, girls and boys. We employ an integrated, multisectoral approach that links multiple sectors to improve health outcomes and achieve sustained development. WI-HER, LLC is a woman-owned small business based in Vienna, VA.
Roles and Responsibilities
WI-HER is seeking a Gender Advisor to support gender integration and social inclusion efforts on the USAID Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (CEP-NTD) program. The 5-year program will support efforts in: Bangladesh, DRC, Ethiopia, Haiti, Indonesia, Laos, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, Philippines, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam.
The Gender Advisor will be responsible for supporting the Project Director in ensuring gender and social inclusion concerns are integrated throughout project design and implementation of the project. Principal tasks and responsibilities will include, at a minimum, the following:
- Conduct trainings, program oversight, and assessments in the field, where appropriate
- Serve as primary point of contact (POC) for gender and social inclusion for all country andheadquarters technical teams
- Analyze gender-related findings and outcomes of CEP-NTD activities regularly and provide feedback and updates to technical teams, including identification and mitigation of factors which may hinder the work from reaching desired outcomes
- Assist in writing and editing annual deliverables (e.g., work plans, annual reports) based on inputs from HQ
- Oversee the development of and be responsible for gender analyses and the development gender action plans in all countries, as necessary
- Provide technical support to country-level and headquarters staff to integrate gender and social inclusion into their work
- Develop gender integration trainings, presentations, tools and job aids to assist country teams with program implementation
- Assist with developing gender-sensitive indicators and analyze gender-related findings and outcomes of project activities regularly, and provide feedback and updates to project staff, including identification and mitigation of factors which may hinder program from reaching desired outcomes
- Develop reports, blogs, and case studies on gender integration to be shared on website and/or published as technical reports, briefs, or flyers
- Represent WI-HER at meetings, forums, and public presentations, as appropriate
- The position is based in Washington, DC and will require international travel.
- Advanced degree (Master’s or equivalent degree) in international public health, gender, international development, or related degree
- Ten years of progressive professional experience working in international health and development projects
- Minimum 5 years of experience in gender research and programming; experience in health specifically neglected tropical diseases preferred
- Experience conducting gender analyses/assessment required
- Experience in advising, training, and mentoring of gender integration efforts
- Sound experience in program design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with data collection, management, analysis, and report production
- Capacity to collaborate with partners at multiple levels, including senior government officials, donors, NGOs (local and international), representatives of civil society, and other partners
- Proficient in English, spoken and strong writing and communication skills
- Prior experience working on USAID programs preferred
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to multi-task, work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work collegially within a high-performing team
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume and writing sample to Razan Farmand firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your name and “Gender Advisor” in the subject line. Applications are due by November 15, 2018 (or until filled).
WI-HER is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment and welcomes a range of backgrounds, life experiences, perspectives, and opinions. WI-HER provides equal employment to all and has zero tolerance towards discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal laws.