Join the WI-HER Team!
Thank you for your interest in working with WI-HER. WI-HER is a women-owned firm based in the Washington, DC area. We seek knowledgeable, dynamic, and passionate professionals from the US and around the world who are committed to making a difference in the lives of women, men, girls, and boys.
WI-HER is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment and welcomes a range of backgrounds, life experiences, perspectives, and opinions. WI-HER provides equal employment to all and has zero tolerance towards discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal laws.
WI-HER is currently seeking to fill the following staff positions:
- Gender Advisor JD-Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisors and Specialists
- Gender Integration Technical Advisor
- Gender Advisor – Neglected Tropical Disease
WI-HER seeks consultants for short and long-term work. We regularly maintain a database of international development professionals worldwide that can be selected for various opportunities, often on short notice.
Consultants often have graduate-level training, significant international experience, and a depth of expertise in:
- Gender integration technical assistance and trainings
- Program design, monitoring, and evaluation
- Systems strengthening, capacity building, and policy reform
- Improved service delivery and utilization
- Community mobilization and individual behavior change
- Knowledge management
- Strengthening democracy and governance
In particular, we frequently seek candidates for the following positions:
- Gender Specialist: Provide technical assistance to integrate gender; Develop and adapt tools and facilitate trainings; Conduct research
- Chiefs of Party (COPs): Lead project teams and consultants; Possess varied technical and regional expertise; Liaise with donor(s), partners, and stakeholders; Deliver high-quality and timely results
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist: Design and conduct program monitoring and evaluations; Enhance local capacity
- Subject Matter Experts/Technical Advisor: Advise across various sectors, including health (e.g., MNCH, HIV/AIDS, gender, TB, malaria, NCDs, FP/RH), education, rule of law, and agriculture/environment.
If you are interested in working with the WI-HER team on long- or short-term basis, we encourage you to submit your resume or CV and a cover letter, noting your interests, experience, availability, and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org. WI-HER will contact you when your skills match a work opportunity.